Note: This site is best viewed using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. The links may not work with Internet Explorer.

Gone but Not Forgotten

A 1940s Building Schedule gives construction dates, costs and demolition information for some of the following buildings.

  • Above: Laundry and Dry Cleaning Plant (1891) • Demolished 1956
  • Domiciliary, Company 7, Building 9 (1888) • Demolished 1972 This was located behind the small parking lot just east of the Chapel and north of Building 2.
  • Bakery, Building 10 (1879) • Demolished 1940s This was located across from the Chapel.

  • Domiliciary, Old Men’s Ward (1891 or 1893) • Demolished 1982
  • X-Ray Building • Demolished 1939
  • Chief Clerk’s Quarters, Building 47 (1891) • Demolished October 1986 Home of Elizabeth Corbett and her family. A dining room was addd in 1908. Its name was changed to Treasurer’s Quarters in 1908-1910 when her father was promoted to Treasurer.
  • Plumber’s Quarters • Demolished 1933
  • Employee’s Quarters • Demolished 1951
  • Treasurer’s/Chief Clerk’s Quarters, Building 38 (1866) • Demolished 1986
    Originally home to the Treasurer and Quartermaster. When the Treasurer moved to Building 47 and the Quartmaster to newly completed Building 37, it became the residence of the Chief Clerk and Band Master.

  • Above: Home Store (1891) • Demolished 1972
  • Pavilion • Demolished 1960s
  • Treasurer’s/Officer’s Quarters (1899) • Demolished 1966
  • WPA Headquarters, Building 52, Barracks–Company L (1886)
    Demolished 1969 This was the first building constructed specifically as a hospital building. It was used as a hospital until 1879 when Building 6 was constructed as the new hospital.
  • Spring House • Demolished 1940
  • Scale House • Demolished 1935
  • Guard House, Carpenter Shop • Demolished 1940
  • Feed House in Wild Game Refuge Area • Demolished 1950
  • Hospital Ambulant Wings “G” West and “H” East, Building 70 • Demolished 1969 These two wings of Building 70 were torn down to make space for a  new Domiciliary, Building 123.
  • Guinea Pig House • Demolished 1939
  • Beer Hall (1888) • Demolished before 1935
  • Ski slide, toboggan slide, wildlife refuge area, conservatories
  • Isolation (Leper) House
Website Builder