Note: This site is best viewed using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. The links may not work with Internet Explorer.
The Volunteer '98
This statue on the corner of General Mitchell and Hines boulevards was presented to the VA on May 25, 1941, by the United Spanish War Veterans, Department of Wisconsin Camps and Auxiliaries. It is also known as "The Hiker" in remembrance of the long hard marches under the tropical sun.